Monday, September 27, 2010

Rainy Day Essentials

It was a rainy day in NYC and supposed to be another one tomorrow.   A part of me likes the rain.   It feels very grounding and helps me to relax, but sometimes to the point where I feel lethargic and heavy.   Perhaps it's about finding a balance and here's what helped me today:

Abdominal work for energy.  Try this seated roll down:
Sit upright with your knees bent and feet about hip width apart on the floor.  Hold on to the backs of your thighs.
Inhale and on the exhale slowly roll down, letting your hands slide down the backs of your legs.  Focus on rolling down sequentially through your spine.
Inhale at the bottom and exhale roll up sequentially, leading with the crown of your head.  Use your hands on your legs to help you up if you need.


Rainy day tunes.  My pick today was Carla Bruni's Quelqu'un M'a Dit


Comfy lounge clothes because there's nothing better than being comfortable on a rainy day.  Those are my Alternative Apparel ones above.


Cup of spice tea to stimulate the digestive system.   Today I had Yogi Tea's Aztec Sweet Chile.   




Big bowl of soup.   My boyfriend and I made a corn soup using fresh veggies from the farmers market and topped it with avocado.




2 comments:

  1. Great song! And that soup looks quite delicious, especially with the avocado on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was! And we are about to eat some more of it right now!

    ReplyDelete