Sunday, October 3, 2010

Balance Don't Fall

Today I woke up and thought, "It finally feels like fall!"  I love fall in NYC.  The cool crisp air is much welcomed after the hot humid summer.  As the weather changes so do we.  I naturally start to crave different foods and activities.  My energy level shifts and I can even feel differences in my temperament and emotions.  According to Ayurveda, each season carries a prominent dosha.  In the fall that dosha is Vata, which is composed from the air and space element and connected to the cool and crisp air we feel outside.  Just as the leaves start to dry out, our bodies begin to lose moisture.  Ever notice chapped lips and super dry skin around this time of year?  Mentally I'm prone to feeling more spaced out and anxious and I start to lose some of the plentiful energy I experienced during the summer.  My digestion feels weaker and if I must admit, I feel more flatulent.  Sound familiar anyone?  I'm definitely not an expert in Ayurveda, but I've composed a list of things that help keep me balanced during this season.   I'll be exploring those things in the blog posts to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment